Disclaimer

All opinions and views in this blog is entirely mine, and does not reflect any organization that I am affiliated with. And please exercise careful judgment when trading securities. Nothing in this blog should be construed as a recommendation to buy, hold or sell any securities. You do so at your own risk, and do not blame others if the outcome is not in your favour. In case you are wondering, I do not have any securities trading account with any brokerage firms or investment banks.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Books

Hey everyone, this time, the posting is about books. I love books: be it novels, encyclopaedia, thesis, holy scriptures etc. As long as it is a book, I just love them.

I just love the look and the shape of books. I find them sexy, and elegant in its own class. More so if they are uniquely designed with interesting shapes and cheerful colours.

I also love the smell of books. They smell so good especially when you are on the bed, reading it. Books need no perfume because the very smell of them are enough to arouse "the reading hormone" of sexy ladies and hunky guys!

Here I wanna thank my three good friends for presenting me gifts in the form of books.

The first is to Adli for sharing me with lots good books such as:-

* "Seriously, I'm Kidding" by Ellen DeGeneres
* "A Doctor in the House" by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad
* "Freakonomics" by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner,

and many many more, which I got no space to list 'em here. I have yet to read some of them, and will return to you once I'm done, okay? Give me at least a year, ya?

Secondly, I would like to thank Ms. Lynn Melanie Mohan: my legal advisor, mentor, sister and a good friend. She gave me a rather interesting book entitled "Beyond Belief: Islamic Excursions Among The Converted Peoples" by V.S. Naipul - apparently, a Nobel Prize in Literature winner. Wow! I have yet to read this book, and Lynn, give me two or three months, okay? Maybe even a year! ;)

Thirdly, thanks to my journalist friend, Rahimy A. Rahim for presenting me a good book by Robin Sharma ("The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari"). He gave me this book on 29 Oct 2012 (last year!). And now, it is May 2013. I have yet to even flick the first page. So Rahimy, your book is in queue, and once I'm done with them, I will let you know ya?

Anyway, thanks to all of you for presenting me books. Indeed, it is the most perfect gift which I shall treasure them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment