Disclaimer

All opinions and views in this blog is entirely mine, and does not reflect any organization that I am affiliated with. And please exercise careful judgment when trading securities. Nothing in this blog should be construed as a recommendation to buy, hold or sell any securities. You do so at your own risk, and do not blame others if the outcome is not in your favour. In case you are wondering, I do not have any securities trading account with any brokerage firms or investment banks.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Toilet in Scotland

Hello Peeps,

As I was browsing my facebook, I came across this diagram. A diagram showing grammar joke.

Well, grammar jokes can either (a) be easy to understand, or (b) makes no sense at all.

Sometimes, even a native speaker do not really understand grammar jokes. Oh well, the point is, you need to understand grammar jokes because it is mostly and widely used by educated people. And by that, I don't mean to stereotype anyone; it is from my observation.

Anyway, I like this joke. This joke is about toilet signs in Scotland.

Some men in Scotland wears a "traditional skirt". And therefore, this pictorial joke is trying to poke fun (in a humorous way, I reasoned) at Scottish men wearing the "traditional skirt" that even the toilet signs make use of them, hence making it hard for the public to recognise which toilet is for which gender, as both signs seem identical!

I don't think that the toilet sign shown in the pictorial joke reflects an actual toilet sign in Scotland. I highly doubt that.

Anyway, it is one of those grammar jokes that I admire ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment